|• The write up is clear, crisp and simple
• The subject is suitably illustrated with the help of tables, diagrams and pictures
• “Multiple Choice Questions’” and “Fill in the Blanks” are given at the end of each chapter for self assessment
• “Implications on Dental Practice” given in each chapter explains why the knowledge about a particular system is important for a dental student
• Newer guidelines on the management of diabetes mellitus, hypertension and HIV/ AIDS are included
• Newer drugs, such as hepatitis C, HIV, chronic myeloid leukemia, and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), are aptly included in the text.